Infection after hysteroscopy and laparoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had a 10cm dermoid cyst removed via keyhole surgery and a polyp removed by hysteroscopy 12 days ago. Both were done during the same procedure. All was going well but 2 days after finishing my antibiotics I developed a lump and swelling in my vagina which was very sore. Visited doctor to be told I've got an infection now and needed antibiotics again, that was 2 days ago, the day after I started the new (different) antibiotics I developed a second swelling and lump on the other side of my vagina. It's very sore to walk a lot die to these sores/swellings.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms and what was said to you? I'm concerned the antibiotics aren't going to clear this up and I'm due back to work in a week. The doc said to go back if it's not cleared up when the antibiotics have finished, so far it's not improved at all and if anything hot worse? x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gem, 

I haven't had my cyst removed yet however I have had lumps....

Could it be a bartholins gland cyst/abscess? If it is, it will be located inside your vagina on either the left or right wall... If it's not painful, it's typically a cyst. These can vary in size from a grape to a walnut! If it's an abscess (become infected), it will be extremely painful to touch. These cysts are caused by the glands being blocked.

Hope you feel better soon! Xx

• Posted

Hi,

yes it's inside the vagina wall; one on the right and another on the left they are very sore to touch or when I walk a lot and they are very swollen. 

does antibiotics clear these up generally? I'm half way through my course and no improvement?

thanks for replying!

x

• Posted

I don't think so... The doctor told me the only way to get rid of it is to drain it. Maybe have a look into bartholins gland cysts online and ask your doctor whether they fit the description? 

Take care xx 

• Posted

Thanks red, they sound the same but one is at the very top of my vagina which location wise doesn't sound like it could be what you mention above. Seriously I just want to be better now sad
    • Posted

Thanks Taz, I just want to be better, I'm back to wrk next week and can not be off any longer for financial reasons yet the antibiotics don't seem to be clearing it up sad this whole process is not what I prepared for sad X
    • Posted

How long to go 'til finish them, things can get worse before get better. If seem worse see Dr now as could be reacting to antibiotics or is a sign not working, only they would know.
    • Posted

I'm half way through the course I'm gonna just wait until I'm almost finished and return to the docs if it hasn't improved. If I return I'm going to see a different doctor I think as the one I see did examine me but I feel like she thought because I had just had an op it must be an Infection without actually looking into it properly. I'm not saying she's not right but she is fairly new and I just didn't feel confident in her.

I don't think a reaction to the antibiotics they have given me is an issue as it's the same symptoms just an additional swelling. Just want this to be over with sad 

• Posted

Not blame you and preconceptions are not the best diagnostic aids smile By reaction I mean more had so often no longer work eg I've had Amoxycillin so often they no longer give it me as I have become immune to it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.