Infection mononucleosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have mononucleosis for six months and it's really disgusting.what can I do? extremely tiredness, swallowing lymph nodes,(in neck)fever (at night), sweating, symptoms stay here.doctor told me that i have EBV virus and i know everything about it but is there anybody who has same experience? 😦

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

i had mono last feb and tiredness was one my symptoms, i still have it on & off but as the months went on it gets better, my advice would be take vitamins, try to rest a lot when you can, it will get better!

• Posted

thank you so much,yes i try.There is moment when i feel good and then i feel bad again,it makes me nervous

• Posted

it will get better for sure! i have a question do u ever feel a burning throat?

• Posted

No.i dont feel.but if i go outside and now it's Winter and really cold outside, i dont feel well.it's 15 days that i have a fever 37 °C at every night.

• Posted

im starting to feel flu like symptoms and soo weak and hard time breathing on and off etc.. i have a doctors appointment tomorrow this sucksss. my symptoms are crazy on & off hby?

• Edited

Hi.

i am 16 months into my mono journey, and still very sick. But I have had several rounds of Covid (I guess). I will write about my journey and my experience (which is indeed collected from many others who have had mono too) soon, maybe a few days later.

For now, my only advice is that :

This illness can get worst by exercise/activity. So, please don't push through, if you want to recover faster.

learn about the dynamic of this illness. When you have mono and do an exhausting activity, you will experience fatigue the next day(s). If you rest for several days, you may wake up energized, and think that mono is over, but don't get fooled with your body. If you assume that you are healed and then do exercise or other strenuous activities, you will pay back the next days. Overdoing even can set you back , and cause a "crash", which may take several weeks or months to pass over. Even worse, some people never recover from a crash, categorized as ME/CFS patients.

So. Please be patient. Have an estimate of your daily energy limits (e.g. number of steps per day, number of hours you can sit a day...) that you can sustain without the worsening of fatigue next day, and don't push yourself through your energy limits. if you feel some improvements, increase your activities very slowly and gradually, like 10% each month. Remember that the time scale of recovery in this illness is different from flu, cold...

I wish you a quick recovery. Remember that everyone is different in recovery. Some people recover after a few weeks, for others it can take 1-2 years, or more (very rarely). Be patient.

• Edited

thank you so much 🥰 it was really helpful.wish you get better,but what can you say about fever.i have 37C for 17 days 😦 what was your experience?

• Posted

I had night sweats for several months after the onset of my mono. Also 30 days ago I became very sick (not sure if a flare up of my mono or a Covid infection) with some new symptoms, and I had night sweat again for almost 2 weeks, but now I am recovering slowly and night sweats are gone. I haven't used a thermometer to know if I had fever or not.

Is 37C considered as fever?

• Posted

i have fever, for 17 days? is it normal? 37 or 37,6 C°. my lymph nodes are getting bigger,i mean in the neck. what about fever? tell me about your experience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.