Infection or cyst on 8 year old girl head.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 8 year old daughter had a bump form on the top of her head. it was there for about a week and grew in size and was painful to the touch.

it started to become crusty and pus came out when she scratched it... even though we tried to get her not to scratch that itch.

After a week pain stopped and at school she ended up picking the scab off, and her hair with it.

it is a tender bump to the touch now with no pain, but no idea what it is or was.

wife says it was a cyst and she is fine... I'm worried since i dont know what it is of why it came.

and what about the hair??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

David I hope by now you have taken your daughter to your doctor. It may well be a cyst but it may have a recurring infection that needs attention.If the hair has not started growing back then she definitely needs professional help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.