Infection or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

'Ive had symptoms of infection and dr stated blood and protein in urine when dip tested but no infection detected when lab tested it, I'm confused does anybody know what that means?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jan, no, but if you haven't already had them, it might be wise to have some U&E blood tests to rule out anything else going on.

• Posted

Hi,

Not all infections show up on a dip test, the likes of e coli only get diagnosed if they are grown in the lab.  So Mrs O's suggestion of having full bloods done is a really sensible one as your white blood count and othr bloods show a multitude of sins.

• Posted

hi Jan,

This is exactly the same for me twice !!  i was also confused given no explanation from gp,  going to see the nephrologist end of jan  so hopefully he might explain, i will let you know if he does,

take care, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.