Infectious diseases department. Lichen sclorosis. And still not treated for other infections

Posted , 4 users are following.

Now with rocky mountain spotted fever, typhus, and ehrlichia and with other private bloods due you would think infectious diseases might take action. Well no..in fact my recent visit had the consultant desperately seeking a way to get rid of me. There was a student in the room with us. The consultant borought up my lichen sclorosis after acessessing my dermatology records and without permission or warning brought them into the conversation. Syphillus he bellowed, syphillus can cause all your problems, ignoring the blood results in front of him. Im not blaming you for this he said.I pointed out I had had lichen sclorosis since 1999 and it would be an ancient infection He went quiet. What a dreadful man! I feel abused and sick.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

L S isn’t an infection it is a skin condition with no absolute cause known. The same as excema or psoriasis. Hormones do play a part. You should be asked if a student is allowed to be present also. I wouldn’t allow myself to be spoke to like this, some empathy is needed by a lot of these drs. 
    • Posted

I am fuming. I need this man to help but he simply tried to harm. I found the paternalistic judgemental attitude so hard to deal with. He wanted me to lose it and get rid of me that way. To use my poor abused vulva and link lichen sclorosis with syphilis was disgusting.
  • Posted

How awful to be exposed like that.  Not at all knowledgeable on LS either.  What to do?  Run away from such 'doctors' as fast as you can and find someone who does know about LS.

• Posted

Unfortunately I need to be treated for tick related conditions.  Thats why i did not respond. But i really hate to think i have to go back there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.