infectious mononucleosis lymph node issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone im sean and im 27 years old infected with the ebv probably in may 2022.

i started to have extreme night sweats around the middle of june 2022 and at the beginning i did not gave a lot attention to it. i thought that it was just an regular cold or flu or even maybe coronavirus. anyway night sweats kept going on for 5-6 days straight and then it stopped. but in that transition phase i started to feel nodes around my neck area and and after that i thought that this could be an important thing so i decided to go to hospital.

when i went to doctors office at the hospital, he immediately thought EBV and asked some blood test. when the result came it became clear that i had an acute EBV infection and infectious mononucleosis. he advised me to drink a lot of water and rest and i did so.

anyway my mouth got completely white and lose a lot of weight unintentionally (around 7 kilograms) even though i forced myself to eat high calorie meals. acute phase was very tough for me as expected but i stated to feel better after 3 weeks. about 5 weeks later since my first symptoms i started to play football again and felt kinda well. gained back the lost weight and felt okay.

but my nodes around my neck did not go away. its been like 3 months since my first symptom and im confused of it. i have 2 nodes on the each side of the neck and they are 15-20 mm's. they feel empty and soft to be honest. but i have i node on my groin area and this one feels hard and filled.

should i be worried because of these nodes? my doctor told me that these nodes could stay around at least 6 months and i read online that some people have it 2+ years. when did your nodes go away and should i be worried especially from the one in my groin area. this illness made me more vulnerable person both mentally and physically. i started to have anxiety disorders after this mono. but all will be gone and we will come back stronger than ever !

cheers and get well soon 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean,

I have had one lymph node on the left side that is a little larger since mono. The anxiety is the worst.

• Posted

Hey, it is 6 years after and my neck and groin lymph nodes are still swollen and hurt sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.