Infertility for 1 year and 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear all, hope u are doing fine. I've been trying for more than a year to get pregnant and unfortunately without success. when i went to the doctor (three different doctors) they told me i have smth called endometriomas which prevents pregnancy. My doctor gave me some pills but another doctor told me that a surgery is a "must" if i want to have a baby.

Can you please give me some help? or if anyone of you had the same thing how did you cure it? I really want to have a baby. Thank you for all your comments. Wishing you all the best.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi dori85078, Sorry to hear you're struggling to get pregnant - I know too well how waiting for a positive pregnancy test takes over your life. I've NOT got endometriosis so I won't be much use, but there's loads of useful info online (look at the NHS website). I've read before that 70% of women with endometriosis are still able to get pregnant, but sometimes they do need to remove the abnormal tissue. It's really up to you whether you're prepared to go ahead with an operation. There's still no guarantee of pregnancy, but if it gives you a greater chance & if you're desperate for a baby you'll probably go for it anyway. Find a good doctor to talk you through the pros & cons. Best of luck. Stay positive - it takes many women years to get pregnant so keep going & try to relax & keep enjoying life in the meantime although I know it can be easier said than done!

• Posted

Dear Sarah, thank you very much for your comment. I wish you all the best. I will check the website you recommended.
  • Posted

Hi there,  that's a short amount of time as I've been trying for 4 years,  there are websites that will help you with this dependent on what age you are,  one is called t.t.c but then they will advise you from there.  They're really good and may even advise an endometriosis site too.  Good luck try them! 

• Posted

Dear Sam, i am very sorry to hear that, i hope you get pregnant very soon, because i do know how much it hurts. Thank you for your reccomandation. Wishing you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.