Infertility is making me feel like my life is over... what now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi there!

im almost 36 years old. I've suffered on and off from depression - thankfully/blessed not for very long at all. It feels different now, almost permanent. I've gone through things these past 4 years that have changed me.

1. I lost my grandmother quickly to lung cancer
  2. i met my husband
  3. I've had 2 miscarriages
  4. I had two surgeries to correct the miscarriage problem.
  5. i had my third miscarriage.
  6. I am now considered infertile.
  7. My husband has no sex drive or at least not one for me.
  8. I feel like my marriage is a sham. Whenever I am upset he goes to sleep. He doesnt act like a couple. I feel like after 3 miscarriages hes lost hope in me as well.

I just dont know what to do. I want a baby so badly. Every month i hope and pray and beg that it will come true for us, but it never does.

I guess being that im going on 36 I feel hopeless. My doctor told me he'd give me a hysterectomy (i had major surgery for large fibroid removal- he believed this was causing the miscarriages). I dont want to give up but i dont think i have this fight in me anymore.

i just dont know what to do...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered adoption? I know its hard I am to infertile and pray one day that God will bless me with a miracle. I have thought about adoption and will likely raise one on my own in the future. their are a lot of children who need a home and a loving family.

• Posted

we have, we even spoke about fostering. adoption is a lot of money do we couldnt do that for a long time. to be approved we would also need a bigger house. (right now we have two bedrooms and two dogs... we were denied adopting a puppy because of the house size!!!!) i think my feelings of sadness are really coming from the yearning to carry a child. i never wanted children until i met him and until my first pregnancy. i pray for us both... anyone who has to suffer through this.

• Posted

I hope the best for you stay patient and make lot's of prayers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.