Infertility worries

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so before I start I'm just going to say I am absolutely disgusted with myself already so please no horrible comments!

Basically about a week ago I took a home chlamydia test and I've received the results today and it says I'm positive for chlamydia /: (I also have BV that I'm in the middle of treatment for)

Anyway, the complication is: I'm near 100% sure I must have had this for at least 9 months.

I've never really been to a clinic to get tested but have always taken home chlamydia tests and they have always come back negative. Anyway, my partner went into hospital a few months back and he got tested as one of the tests they did and it came back negative so he didn't give me the sti but we've been having unprotected intercorse and I've been giving him oral during this time and now I've found out about this positive result.

So I'm partly confused how I can have it and he didn't, as I wasn't unfaithful and the last person I slept with before him was a few drunken mistakes last year.

Further more, in the whole 8 months we've been together we have been having unprotected sex and I haven't fallen pregnant once. (I know we should have used protection but i guess we are just foolish and it never crossed our minds)

I'm really worried now as the positive result has come back and I know it's highly likely that it could have scarred my Flopien tubes or messed me up in some way and made me infertile. I'm so mad at myself for not getting checked sooner and honestly I don't know why I didn't.

I'm just so upset, I don't plan to have a baby right now but i don't want the chance taken away from me from a stupid mistake.

Has anyone had a similar situation and been able to conceive after having a long term untreated sti? ); I'm so so livid at the thought that I could have done this to myself.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just go an get the antibiotic for it. If u dont plan on having kids now dont have unprotected sex
  • Posted

I don't know if chalymdia and trich are any relation but I sort of had the same issue . Only mine didn't stay around that long .

Me and my ex still mess around , he is like my best friend ., I'm single. Ended up getting something not quite sure if it came from my ex or the new guy .

But I tested positive for trich .

My ex goes to get tested and gets negative results which I'm so confused about because even if he didn't pass it on to me and I got it from my new guy . Me and my ex had unprotected sex plenty of times ., so so so confused.

I ended up getting the anti biotics .

That's just what you're going to have to do and get re tested in a few weeks.

Just because you haven't managed to get pregnant doesn't mean your infertile.

It took me and my ex dang near 4 years to conceive just for me to lose it all sad

You can always get fertility results and all that also .

• Posted

Confuses me how ppl can get negitive results but yet they say U need to treat it asap , I teated negitive but I was so sure I had:have something so I done a Pap test waiting results

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.