Inflamation of bladder following UTI

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone else got this? infection seems to have cleared but urine dip stick still shows blood which is apparently due to the inflamation, had it a week now, really uncomfortable still having to take pain killers feels like it will go on forever.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The infection has obviously irritated your urethra causing the bleeding. It won't be much but you don't need a lot for it to show on a dip stick. Is it anti inflammatories you are taking? They are the best because they'll help reduce the inflammation.
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply, yes I was told ibuprofen is the best to take, but they give me heartburn.
    • Posted

That's a side effect unfortunately. To be honest they have that effect on me. There is something you can take to protect the stomach lining called Omeprazole but that's only available on prescription.
  • Posted

Yes I had blood in my urine test one week after the infection had cleared.

• Posted

Were you still in pain? still hurts a bit when I pass water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.