Inflamed gallbladder... can't sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI all

Recently diagnosed with gallstones... went on my first surgical consult. She took one feel and exclaimed my gallstone was clearly inflamed and took my hand and made me feel this golfball size lump. I was horrified. .. still am.

I have surgery friday.. CT scan tomorrow and had blood work today. This all for a girl who has a phobia of doctors.. and needles... and injections.. eep! .

I'm currently so uncomfortable bloated sore ... I haven't had good sleep due to this increasing symptoms when laying down.

Any tips to lay comfortable... or any tips or advise for me.. could really use it sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm 6 days post op. Unfortunately there usually is no comfortable position to lay. All I can say is I feel so much better since the surgery. No more nausea and sharp pains or fatigue. My hospital experience was gray! All the nurses and staff made me comfortable and were attentive. If you are scared of doctors and needles the only thing you may not like is the IV. Just don't look. I was lights out, woke up, and was out of the hospital 10 minutes after. It was worth it and you'll feel so much better! Good Luck!

• Posted

That was suppose to say my experience was Great**
  • Posted

I had the inflamed gallbladder the first time I was admitted to hospital.

it was caused by a gallstone plus I had an infected bladder at the time.

the soreness in the chest took a week to disappear to a comfortable level.

the backache took about 2 days. A pillow in the right place helped me or sleep sitting upwards.

you are so lucky to getting this sorted. I have been waiting since March and I have 3 to 4 months on the waiting list. :-(

please remember the doctors are there to help you. They will give you some good pain relief which will take the edge off the pain.

good luck and keep us updated.

Ajay

• Posted

I can relate to your phobia, Platinum9.  But don't worry, the anesthesiologist will give you something in your IV to help you relax.  Trust me, you won't worry or even care where you're going.  After surgury is over, you will take some time to heal so make sure that you have someone by your side who will take good care of you.  Also, keep track of any unusual pains you may experience.  I wish you the best of luck!  

• Edited

Hi All,

I've been suffering for a year. I had no idea at first what was wrong with me as I couldn't get face 2 face appt . GP said it was a bad back. I knew it couldn't be as I would experience intense pain at same time every night under right rib cage radiating to my back. for 5-6 hours including vomiting. I did a bit of research and thought it could only be gallstones. something I never thought of before. I finally got scan which confirmed inflamed gallbladder, gallstones and polyps.

I'm 50 lucky enough never to have had operation in my life but can't wait to get this removed. As you all know you cannot describe the intense pain. I was described tramadol but nothing touches pain you just have to ride it out! The only positive is Ive lost 2 stone of lockdown weight I put on. I tried to eliminate all fat processed foods etc but even boiled vegetables triggered an attack. Good luck everyone. I called mine Gary he's being evicted on Saturday..yippeeeeee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.