Inflamed liver

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. Does anybody have any advice on inflamed liver? Does this come with gall stones or something else?

Any answers will be gratefully received

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi so last weekend had horrendous pain in right side of stomach just below boobs, was violently sick along with it assuming as pain was so horrendous. Went to see the gp who is requesting a scan and did blood tests there and then. Said it could possibly be gall stones. He rang me the next day with the blood results to say that I had raised liver levels.

I've had a few more nights with awful pains and others have been pain free (thank god) also have a dull ache in the day time and is uncomfortable just walking.

I have not long got back from another gp appointment who has taken a shed load more bloods and I asked about previous results and she told me that the results had shown signs of liver inflammation

• Posted

Okay, could be gallstones, from where the pain is indicated. Inflamed liver is a different kettle of fish, caused by something else usually. What's your alcohol consumption like?

When you have your ultrasound (the best thing for checking internal organs), try to engage the radiologist in coversation afterwards. They are a doctor, not a machine operator and they really give it as they see it. However, you have to sound like a veteran who is used to bad news and that it doesn't bother you. If you come across as worried, they will say your GP/consultant will talk to you about it.

Good luck.

• Posted

There's definitely a connection between the gallbladder and liver issues. I know my liver results were abnormal before I had my cholecystectomy. Could be that a stone has migrated into the common bile duct and is causing this.

Watch out for signs of jaundice: dark urine, pale stools, yellowing of skin and whites of eyes, itching and generally feeling unwell.

What is your GP doing about it?

• Posted

I am going for a scan on Wednesday. Did you have an inflamed liver aswell then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.