Inflamed Liver? Tests are inconclusive

Posted , 1 user is following.

for over a year Ive struggled with an upper right abdominal ache, mid backache and nagging fatigue.. It feels like my liver is inflamed. Ive had several ultrasounds and a HIDA scan. All normal. Negative for Hepatitis, Celiac, etc. My labs look normal too aside from mildly elevated bilirubin. Gilberts syndrome has been suggested but I feel like they're using it as a type of catch-all. I'm mildly anemic also.. No real support from my doctors other than re-checking labs every few months.

Sometimes if I push down on my upper right abdomen it feels kind if squishy, like there might be inflammation in my liver or maybe gallbladder but none of my doctors seem to think there is really a problem. Can this all really be from the Gilberts or maybe some kind of autoimmune issue? I'm going pretty crazy with all this!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.