Inflamed Lymph nodes in the right Groin versus ACNES

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I was assessed by a consultant four years ago with ACNES in my right groinal area. I was given a steroid injection and felt great relief from this.

However, 4 years on, I have CFS/ME and believe that the pain is inflamed lymph nodes (in that same area).

I have given in to medication and currently take 400mg Ibruprofen every morning and evening; 800mg in total.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Much appreciated,

Jinny x

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi All,

Anyone else experiencing major saliva, throat, jaw area lymph nodes issues. Swollen, inflammed, painful, causing ear pain and throat and neck?

Concerned as gp adamant this area of lymphs aren't generally the area problamatic within cfs/me. Also have flat red patches (defined shapes) to neck area.

I also am diagnosed fm, micro pituitary adenoma, atrophied thyroid and cervical spine arthritis and bone spurs/damage.

Eek...what a mess!xx

• Posted

Hi Inot.

The lymph nodes in the head  and neck all swell up and are very painful ,in the ear, throat and neck when you  have CFS/ME.I don't know where your doctor trained.The other glands most noticeable are in the armpits and groin. (from the back of the ear vertically down the neck,from the front of the ear following the line of  the lower jaw and in the middle of the lower jaw under your chin)

Not aware of flat red patches associated with CFS/ME.

Your pituitary adenoma is probably the cause of any thyroid atrophy,as you probably know.

Cervical spine arthritis can cause nerve entrapment around neck and face which could mimic TMJ and can be a cause of Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Certainly, it's the extreme fatigue which goes along with lymph gland swelling and night sweats and muscle pain/weakness which signals CFS/ME.

X Beth

• Posted

Sorry Beth; the Only times that I have had Swollen Glands Anywhere near head/armpits/groin...wherever.... over the last 20 years, and this is after I became a CFS/ME sufferer,( which started back around 1995, and was then a Slow progression.)...was in 2005, when i had Something that Could have Been Glandular Fever....not positively Daignosed, as not sufficient symptoms/raised blood levels.....and this done as private patient  in a Very good hospital, by an Internal Physician who specialized in Infectious Diseases......so I'm sorry, I don't feel that I can agree with your statement that All CFS sufferers have these Swollen Glands as a Normal Symptom......these glands usually only become enlarged if there is a New Infection of a Virus/Germ.....and I have TMJ, as a result of both Arthrites in  Jaw Joint,  and from the Fibro in my Facial Muscles.....I have Arthrites from Axel/Atlas joints to my toes (all joints).....with no cartilage in discs on R) side of neck, but do  Not have pinched nerves in that area......mine are pinching in my Loins.....Sorry for being so blunt, but do feel that is Important not to tell other sufferers that 1/all symptoms are the same for each and all....we seem to have many different pain symptoms and in many different places that migrate around our body/ies at different times......we are here to Help each other, and Yes, if applicable, then pass on our experiences and what works for each of us, for others to trial....none of us are doctors/medical professionals....just ME/Fibro (plus what else) sufferers........take care and keep researching/listening/reading....................Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.