Inflamed penis 1 month

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageimage

1 month now. its appears to be inflamed and dry. i have tried antifungal for 2 weeks (canesten 2% clotrimazole) also oral tablets for 3 days (fluconazole 150mg) im a very clean person down there as i shower daily and have always just used soap. since this i have used just water. lads, lasses... any help welcome 😬👍

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

are you getting a burning feeling when you pee?

is the red just around the Urethral opening?

• Posted

it stings the external urethra when i pee yes.

• Posted

thanks for your reply Daryl. I'll head to the docs asap 😊👍

• Edited

you will probably need to do a pee sample. so makes use you can

• Edited

Hi Anon you should have it checked with your doctor you could also have a fungal infection you meatus looks irritated and you also look to have a mild case of Glandular hypospadias?

• Posted

honestly i had never heard of that. just googled 😳 nobody has ever mentioned it to me before but yes, it certainly does look that way. ive had no complications associated with it fortunately. ive made my appointment with my doctor. thank you for the reply, i appreciate it 😊

• Posted

Ooh ok hypospadias it's probably not a problem but you could ask your doctor about it when you are asking about the other problem. they are usually repaired as a child but if it doesn't cause an issue it ok I sopose 🙂

• Edited

ive attached a clearer photo of the meatus. hopefully it could be helpful for somebody else in future reference.

• Posted

I'm sure it will be a help for others 👍🏼 do let us know how you get on.

The glans do look a little irritated still? Usually the frenulum would be attached to the glans where your meatus is now but maybe it is further down? And would the foreskin be a little tight or is it ok?

• Posted

yes the frenulum is lower down. my foreskin has had no issues, nothing has ever been tight. the foreskin as far as i know looks just like most others. the glans are still sore and inflamed. i saw the doctor today, he has started me on Doxycycline 100mg twice daily for 7 days. his initial thought was non-gonoccal urethritis, so that's where we start treatment 🤞.

• Edited

That's good hopefully you should be better soon doxycycline is a good antibiotic it can be strong though.

Did you ask about the hypospadias what did he say?

• Edited

no i didn't ask. tbh i didn't want to ask really, i considered what difference it would make to me knowing details or not. ultimately I'm comfortable with what i have and don't feel the need for a diagnosis. it does what it needs to and that's enough for me 😆 ill be sure to post "results" after the course of antibiotics 😉👍

• Edited

that's good news the antibiotics should clear it up for you

• Edited

Yep very true when it's not causing problems and everything is working fine 👍🏼 an hopefully the antibiotics work in a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.