Inflamed Salivary Glands?

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello,

i have hade erosive OLP for 2yrs.

i now have been diagnosed with Hashimotos ( Autoimmune hypothyroidism ) and Sjgorgens Syndrome.

On top of the mouth sores, i get very dry mouth (Sjogrens) but recently my Salivary glands ( bumps on bottom/sides of mouth)...where hard pallate and gums meet . Has anyone had this issue before?

trying to figure out if it’s anything to be concerned about

thamks

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have Thyroid for 30 years, OLP for 10 months. Lip biopsy for Sjogrens not specific. Incredibly dry mouth started w OLP. Cheeks stick to gums. Use biotene gel & ent recommends Grethers Pastilles. Coconut oil also suggested. 

Any other options? Do not want to loose my teeth like my mother.

• Posted

Have you tried the Grethers?  And how do you use the coconut oil?  My derm is getting ready to treat my OLP with Methatrexate.  A chemo drug.  Anyone tried it?
    • Posted

Yes. Use Grethers @ night as a lozenge while sleeping.

I bought @ a specialty pharmacy also available online.

Have read methotrexate is used if steroids don’t work? Derm started me on plaquenil as an immunosuppressant along w steroid swish for mouth. 

• Posted

I ordered some Grethers. Thank you for telling me about it!  No steroids did not work for me and hoping this is going to work.  Not excited about being on chemo again in my life but my mouth is in terrible shape!
    • Posted

Ent also recommends Benadryl Syrup for mouth pain. Swish as needed. 

• Posted

Have Thyroid for 30 years, OLP for 10 months. Lip biopsy for Sjogrens not specific. Incredibly dry mouth started w OLP. Cheeks stick to gums. Use biotene gel & ent recommends Grethers Pastilles. Coconut oil also suggested. 

Any other options? Do not want to loose my teeth like my mother.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.