Inflamed small intestine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I had an x-ray of my stomach and it showed my small intestine inflamed. A few days later I had an MRI of my small intestine and it looked fine.

I'm experiencing nausea and very loose stools, it flares up and down every 3/4 days really bad. I've had it for years and it makes me feel so unwell each time it happens.

has anyone else experienced this?

thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, I recently developed some abdominal distension, coupled with mild nausea... leading to 22lbs lost in 3 months... low appetite... I had an abdominal CT scan, showed no issues...

BUT... I red a few articles and now think it is possibly due to over intake of SORBITOL, via 15-20 sticks of Trident gum daily (I have stopped, of course)... and after one week... I feel better, but not "cured"... I read somewhere it will probably take 2 weeks...

I also had a Cologuard test come back positive, but, for several reasons, I think that test is a SCAM. I ordered an inexpensive FIT (poop) test from Ebay, and IF it comes back positive... I will finally grit my teeth and do a colonoscopy...

If you are taking an any medium to large amounts of artificial sweetner... stop now. Consider a FIT test... and possibly a colonoscopy.

Many people find lots of relief from DGL (look it up)... Slippery Elm... Colstrum... Marshmallow Root... for stomach inflammation.

Hope you feel better soon!JJ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.