Inflamed ulcer ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys , 

Had an endoscopy last week, I was diagnosed with an Esophageal ulcer that has a 5ml inflamed nodle, biopsies came back fine. A hiatus hernia and mild gastritis. The ulcer is due to the hiatus hernia. 

I had no painful symptoms , mild change of bowel movements for a couple of years. 

Doctors has put me on 80 mg omprezole a day, another endoscopy in 8 weeks. 

Doctor said it was a nasty nasty ulcer and he’s surprised I was in regular bad pain 

I was just wondering if anyone else has had something similar, and got their inflamed Esophageal ulcer under control? 

All this because of nasty iboprofean, I was so ingnorant !

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't diagnosed with an ulcer, but I was diagnosed with inflammation of the oesophagus and a hiatus hernia, last November, it's been a very difficult time and i got very down due to the symptoms, im on 40mg omeprazole, cetirazine, gaviscon. It's taking time but things are improving, i have cut out breads, spicy, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, garlic, alcohol, fizzy drinks, I go to the gym twice a week, yoga, swimming, but it's worth it, i find lots of exercise is really helping, I seem to be susceptible to lots of other lovely infections, my voice has been affected, try to remain positive.

• Posted

Hi

Can I ask was change in bowel habit the only symptom you had, did you have any if all the normal stuff like shortness of breath, pain, nausea, is this your first time you have taken omeprazole, I'm suffering two years now nothing is working ts so depressing

• Posted

So sorry nothing seems to be working for you what have you been taking and are you still getting all these horrible symptoms I know it is so depressing especially when nothing is working have you had an endoscopy?
    • Posted

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. No other symptoms up until real recently , but even then nothing serious, odd chest pain, slight shortness of breath. I only went to the doctors because of hemmoroids . What’s up with you may I ask ? 

• Posted

I've been suffering with lots of symptoms for two years, burning in my chest, pain between shoulder blades, shortness if breath, sore throat, chest pain, I had endoscopy two years ago, showed hernia, on ppi since, not much good

• Posted

I have an inflamed oesphagus with superficial ulcers I,m on 60mg of lansaprozole a day I had difficulty swallowing which has now improved what were your symptoms ?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. I had no real symptoms, I went to the doctors for hemoroids, of recent Ive have the odd chest pain, slightly uncomfortable when I swallow. Nothing real problematic. But I k ow things could get worse. My ulcer is due to my hiatus hernia. The ulcer is located just where the oesphagus starts. Hopefully Omeprazole gets ulcer under control. Then I can have the operation for the hiatus hernia 
  • Posted

Hi I’ve  got to have endoscopy in a couple of weeks am feeling very nervous. Firstly I’m worried about what an endoscopy entails and what they might find. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
    • Posted

Hi, aslong as you are on some sort of sedative it isn’t too bad. It’s over very quickly aswell. In terms of what they are likely to find, depends on your symptoms, and what tests they have run. There’s alot they can do for virtually anything , so just try to stay positive, and at least you will know what’s what in a couple of weeks. 

Best of luck 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Sick of feeling rubbish so I do need some answers. Chest pain upper back pain constantly feeling of something stuck in my throat and problems swallowing. Hope you also start to feel better, best wishes 
  • Posted

Hi there, yes I've also suffered with an ulcer but mine was lower down in the pylorus....i was on 20mg of omeprazol at that time doctor upped it to 40mg went back for another endoscopy 8 weeks later and it was healed !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.