Inflammation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried and found success with inflammation by taking turmeric and ginger?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In addition to my SS I also have a painful disease called Polymyalgia Rheumatica. It causes high inflammation which then causes pain. So the treatment is prednisone. A lot of people use ginger and turmeric to help with their inflammation. I tried turmeric but it upset my stomach. This is not an uncommon side effect so take that into consideration. I did not try ginger for other reasons. There are also Inflammation diets that help some people. I'm sure if you google it you will find one. The main culprits are the carbs which includes my favorite thing, anything that's sweet! LOL!

• Posted

Turmeric is awesome, in supplement firm you really don’t get enough so I have the tablets(double recommended dose) and I put it in everything even drinks...I make smoothies and add a tad of ginger in too....😍😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.