Inflammation and pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

My last blood test was three months ago which showed normal inflammation . But I'm still feeling pain everyday . It s all going around my body from ankle., knees, shoulder , fingers and wrists and usually last a few days . Is this normal? I never hv a pain free day thou the pain is bearable. I thought the pain has to do with the inflammation.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Im exactly the same....how long have you had RA? Are you on any meds? 
    • Posted

I was diagnosed since mar 16. I'm on methotrexate 7.5mg weekly. How about you? I'm not sure if my RA is under control . My last result showed a high ccp but inflammation was back to normal . I'm only seeing m doc this sept. How about you ?

• Posted

I'm on a month of predisolone mine started in march too have you not got a proper reaummy?How are you getting on with the Methotrexate? Are you having any side effects? Maybe it's not working for you, speak to your doc about change maybe if it gets too much x 

• Posted

How high is your CCP?
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear you are in pain.  My tests generally show low nflammation too.  It is not in your head.  Know that.  Do you have any other auto mne disease?

Does anyone have any other autoimmune diseases?  

• Posted

Hi there i don't but my mum has RA so I'm guessing its genetic with me...how about you? How long have you had RA? 

• Posted

Hi Emily, i was diagnosed with Inflammatory arthritis two years ago.  My rheumatologist is pretty sure it is RA.  My morher and one of three sisters has osteoarthritis.  A cousin on my mother's sud had Graves as I do (along with rwo other autoimmune diseass).  She ended up with ALS (genes from her father's side).  I often wonder if those of us starting out with one autoimmune diseases are more susceptible to other autoimmune diseases.  RA is an autoimmune disease.??

• Posted

My CRP was 300!!! I don't hv any side effects from methotrexate may be if the low dosage. How are you coping with ur med? I'm confused as my rheumy told me that my med is working since my inflammation dropped to normal. But I'm feeling pain everyday. I'm afraid to increase the dosage coz of the side effects .

• Posted

I am down to methotrexate, sulfasalazine and folic acid.  I don't take Prednisone because I gained weight and had fat face.  I do take Tylenol at bedtime sometimes.   I have inflammation in both feet though I am not certain due to RA.  I will be seeing a Podiatrist next week.  My right ankle hurts so bad I can't stand on cement for more than five minutes.  We had a garage sale and by the end if it my husband had to help me walk into the house.  Wrists swelling as well.  How about you?

• Posted

Methatroxate along with folic acid are the only meds I'm on. I'm not sure if I hv other auto immune disease. None of my family members hv RA??. Therefore I can't share my experience with anyone in my country. Now both my ankles are pain and bit red and swollen. As long as I don't bend my ankles a lot I'm fine. My wrist pain for the past two days is gone now . But my left fingers are stiff and pain now. The pain is just going around my body .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.