Inflammation inside inner labia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had VLP for about two years and was diagnosed in August this year.  The most persistent areas of inflammation is inside the inner labia and, although things have improved considerably over the past few months, my dermatologist wants me to have yet another biopsy of this area.  Initially, the whole vulva was affected, but this small streak remains resistant, even though I think it's fading somewhat.

Have others with VLP had inflammation inside the inner labia, like this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, yes I have had Lp of the vulva/vagina for about two years.  My inner kabia have eroded so are now very small.  The inflammation has now moved into my vagina which is a bit more difficult to treat although not as uncomfortable.  I use hrt tablets which go into my vagina twice a week and a strong steroid ointment twice a week unless it is bad in which case I use it every day.  
  • Posted

Thanks, Jane.  To be honest, I don't think the dermatologist had seen LP there before, which was why she wanted me to have another biopsy.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, when I see her in January, another two months of treatment will mean that the inflammation will have faded to the point where she may decide not to do a biopsy after all.  Maybe wishful thinking, but we'll see.

I'm so sorry to hear that your inflammation is in your vagina now.  I do hope that things improve for you and wish you well.

• Posted

Hi, I have no inner labia due to VLP, I was diagnosed about 2 year ago ( sure ive had it quite a few years though gp put it down to thrush/bv for ages) I get ulcerated areas that are very sore, and now have thinning of the vagina also very sore. I’m on  Hydroxychloriquin, Myclopheolate Mofit. And when it’s really bad I use prednisol suppository and a steroid cream ( can’t just remember what that’s called at this moment in time lol)  who’d be a women eh?! 
  • Posted

Same with me had it for many years but just diagnosed.. the outside has been fairly good for some time but just inside is still sore & burns. How long dose clobstol take to work ? See no changes in 3 weeks. This has ruined my sex life compleatly . Has anyone been able to have sex ever again 😪

• Posted

I feel for you.  Mine was like that for a year or two but it is clearing a bit now.  I can now have occasional very gentle sex!  Are you sure you’re putting enough clob on?  My consultant said to squeeze it out of the tube onto the full length of the end of your finger (which is like almost 2 cm for me) and massage in.  She said use every day for 14 days if it gets out of control.  If you’re doing this and it’s still bad after three weeks maybe you should go back to your doctor?
    • Posted

Thanks jane for the reply. Thats good to konw. I have not been putting that much on, i will try using more thanks so much 
  • Posted

I have just been diagnosed with LP and LS. I have not had biopsy yet. I was unaware, until reading this thread that LP of the Vulva was “a thing”. Does anyone know the difference? I have on seen a GP an am beginning to feel very uninformed.

any information would be great fully received.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.