infliximab infusion will nurse go to toilet with me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I might be going on infliximab/ Remicade infusion and was thinking if i have to go to the toilet will the nurse be prepared to go with me if i need her to and ask?Just to make sure the tube is all safe as this is causing me anxiety and get very disoriented and light headed from my bowel attacks.

any info welcome

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI john if I needed toilet during my infusions I could walk to toilet nearby on ward with my infusion bag on stand. If you think your going to be dizzy & weak if they wont allow you they could bring a chair with bedpan to side of bed & pull curtains around- not ideal but if you can’t wait. I would definitely discuss all of this Before your infusion starts. They could accompany you to the toilet cubicle but I doubt they’ll go in & stay with you. It was a single disabled toilet on my treatment ward so there was always emergency pull cord. Try Not to be anxious. 

• Posted

It’s really not a big deal. I thought and worried about that as well. I’m about to take my third infusion next week. The process of the infusion is easy. The process takes about two hours. Bring a good book to read and even a blanket in case you get cold. 

The medicine hangs from an IV pole. Most have wheels, so if you need to go the bathroom it’s really no big deal. 

You’ll do fine . Good luck. 

Best Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.