Infliximab (Remicade)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm going to be trying Infliximab next month, first dose at the hospital. Has anyone tried this and had any success? My pain is mainly in the neck/head/face. Tried all the other meds but I'm really hoping this will give me pain relief. Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i was on infliximab for years it gave me a new lease of life!! I have sadly become immune to it after 10 years but have just started a new biological and its just starting to work! Good luck.
    • Posted

I was on etanercept for 12 years, but like you, it became ineffective with the PsA producing a visibly swollen jaw! I'm now on Cimzia (certlizumab pegol) - doing the job currently. Haven't come across many who have had their biological therapy become ineffective over the long term.

I hope the infliximab works for you Annette. There's a tedious 3 month wait to see if it does but if it doesn't there are plenty of alternatives to try these days. Certainly many people have reported success with it. But the wait does try one's patience!

• Posted

I have not tried Biologics as I am unable to take DMARD medications, my immune system takes a real dive and I become ill

I wish you well, are they going to give you a DMARD medication with the -TNF above ?

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.