Infliximab Tingling toes !

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, My Husband has been on Infliximab since December results have not been great and now after having antibody and trough levels checked our consultant has put him on 4 weekly infusions. He has managed to come off steroids (which is a great achievement) and he is feeling great with currently no stomach issues however, he has started to experience tingling in his toes. On looking this up it is a side effect he is due another infusion next week.

Has anyone else experienced this ?? He has just managed to start feeling better and we really do not want Infliximab stopped any thoughts or suggestions.

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela I experienced similar side effects tingling all over body but worse in my feet. I did think it was the asacol medication I was given but a couple of consultants have told me it could be part of the colitis condition. I am lucky that the colitis was mild and it is now under control without any medication but I have been left with the neuropathic symptoms 12 years later.

Pip

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. This whole condition is a mine field and certaintly throws curve balls especially when you think things are on the up !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.