info

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im being treated for GAD im taking 50mg of Quietiapine daily i was abused by both parents for 15 yrs (dont want sympathy its just factual ) im now 56 im being treated for cat 7 non psych disorder which is high disability ive been to prison for my mental health (4 counts of gbh) & im constantly acting out on my thoughts brick throwing; hammer threats; knife insidence; & profanity my prison setence is in my medical records i had a support worker who seems to think i was being deceptive & reported this to my mental health team now ive been put back into out-patients & no one comes to see me anymore hes also reported that im recording everyone which im not i dont know what to do or where to go im very scared of going too far as my father was sectioned 3 times for similar problems please help please note this is NOT a story or a figment of my imagination i can absolutely prove this & am thinking of taking legal action

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Contact the 'Mind' organisation and tell them your story.

They have many resources including counselling and legal representation facilities, and much more.

Please let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Sorry you had to go through that and I really don't know what to say maybe try therapy or hypnosis for anxiety i don't think your a bad person for being put in jail as anxiety messes with your head i feel like i could smash my house up or punch myself in face lol i hate feeling like it but when i start feeling crap it just feels better to take anger out on something I've also been in a mental health hospital i put myself in though because of the feelings and thoughts i was having i really hope you get better soon
  • Posted

Thank you for replying all this is making me even more angry as i feel im being ignored & dismissed i will go to mind & possibly shelter as they have legal teams as well feel so unhappy & isolated i wish you all well
    • Posted

I am certain that most of the people on this forum who have not suffered abuse do not understand how it can mess with our brains and almost destroy us, so they find it difficult to empathise. 

Those who suffered abuse and who have not managed yet to find answers cannot handle their own problems let alone anyone else's.

The only people who can empathise are those who have suffered and have come out of it the other side in one piece.

The Mind organisation do have amongst them people who have survived from this tragedy, that's why I said they should be able to help.

Please let me know how you go on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.