info/help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just read every comment on P F and going on that info,seem`s like i`ve got it.Hope any of you can help.Mega mega pain in my right heel most of the time. pain started 5 mth ago.I work 3 days a week and i am on my feet 8 hrs every shift.(AND I MEAN 8 HRS,WITHOUT A BREAK.ON MY FEET)I cry with pain from my heel when i come home.On my day`s off,i`m ok but 3 month or so ago)if i take dog for a half mile walk or walk to my friend`s(half mile away,about an hour later i can barely walk.First few steps are torture,then bearable,but still sore.Would appreciate any helpfull comment`s.Jak

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

the single MOST important item is : Please rest your feet. do minimum walking. Please do some simple streches.
  • Posted

I've had PF on and off in my R foot for about a year+. The 3 recurrences have been my own fault through negligence.

The things that i've found helpul, in addition to the other advice such as ice, streching etc are:

Apply Voltorol gel over the painfull area then wrap it in cling film and leave on overnight. You get very little pain the next day and you don't risk any of the side effects of oral NSAIDS.

Zinc Oxide strapping of the arch of the foot before you go out for the day helps reduce the pain by limiting the strectch of the PF, so allowing healing to take place. The best kit I found for this was from SP services. You can get their number off the web.

TENS machines are very useful if you are in a lot of pain when you get home from work or even duting the day. You can use it when you are applying ice therapy to the PF. The only problem is that when you turn it off, the pain often returns, but I have noticed that it's usually less severe than before I used the machine.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

• Posted

After several months of pain [I was waiting for it to go away on it's own] I went to the GP who diagnosed PF and sent me to the NHS physio. She confirmed a classic case of PF and ordered me some [free] Pro-Step half sole inserts. These inserts have meant that I have had to buy 'substantial' lace up type shoes in order to accommodate them but at least I am pain free! My feet ache from time to time but no more severe pain.

I also tried some MBT [Masai Barefoot Technology] shoes recently which felt wonderful. I am currently investigating the benefits of buying a pair [£130] of these shoes as I need to be sure that they will be good for the treatment of PF and that they will ultimately not make it any worse. I have had PF for over 12 months now.

• Posted

Hello Jak I have been suffering for 8 months now.It is terrible in the morning and when I go for a walk. Try the exercises mentioned in the article also I put my foot in a bowl of hottish water and that alleviates the pain. Just before you get out of bed psh your heel away from you you should feel the calf mussels tighten.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.