info please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I started on the tablets 3 weeks ago and intially lost 2 kg in the first week but nothing since. I am being clear about fat intake but can someone tell me if i should be watching sugar content or anything else to. I'm loving flumps as they are fat free and i have unfortunately got a sweet tooth :lol: I wasn't given much guidance from Doctor when i was given the tablets- and gained alot of great information of the forum, but I am a little confused - i have a long way to go but would like to see if i'm going along the right track by just watching the Total fat content. thank you for any helpful info xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry to say that the answer to that is different for everyone.

I was told to just watch the fat and not bother counting calories but others have been told to watch fat and to limit their calorie intake.

How much exercise are you doing as this really does have an impact and also try and avoid muscle building type exercises until you have lost quite a bit of weight as muscle weighs more than fat

• Posted

Thank you Suza, you seem to know loads!

you would think we would all be told the same thing -Can i just check I am looking at total fat per 100grms - is that correct ?? but when we talk about 5grams b/fast, 10grams lunch and 15grams dinner is it correct that i look at what fat is in the amount that i eat?? hope this makes sense - so if i have a ready meal that has 4.5% total fat per meal for my lunch this would be ok??

• Posted

yes everything is worked out on total fat and you are not allowed more than 30g's of total fat per day and no more than 15g's at anyone meal.

if you have 4.5g's of total fat per meal make sure it is total of meal and not just total of 100g's. if you have a meal that is 200g's in weight then your fat intake for that meal would be 9g's.

• Posted

thank you,

I was on a low fat diet anyway when the Doctor put me on these tablets- i'm trying to lose it, but as we all know its so much easier to put on than take off :cry:

• Posted

I am very fortunate in that my surgery's nurse is so on board with anyone on these tablets and she is the so easy to talk and actually listens and takes the time to talk things through with you.

She even asks me now if there are any questions from the forum as have asked for her advice previously for people on here.

I was never advised to see the nurse by the Dr but decided it was something I wanted written onto my notes and it was the nurses idea to see her initially fortnightly and now once a month.

I think knowing that I would be seeing her as helped me keep focused as don't want to go to her to be weighed only to that I might of gained

• Posted

After a couple of weeks my nurse advised me to eat between 1200-1500 calories as well as counting the fat content. this means that I don't usually reach the 30 g fat limit. It seems to be working for me. I see my nurse once a fortnight for a weigh in, she always ask if I have any problems but find I don't need to ask her anything as this site is so useful. I always eat an apple after my two main meals and drink at least one cup of flavoured green tea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.