Information

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello men.  I am going to get off the surgery and procedure for this question.  I can't find a answer on the internet and I am waiting for my urologist to answer me.  This is a little personnel but we talk about alot of things on this site  Here goes.  Yesterday I went over a lady friends home for some fun.  She was not in the mood for straight sex she just wanted  oral.  That was fine with me. So we both did our thing and I left.  It took me about 45 minutes to get home.  ( Men know that when we have a ejaculation within 15 minutes to a half hour your body need to go to the bathroom.  It's the body way of cleaning the pipes )  When I got home I had to go bad.  Went in the bathroom and stood there for 10 minutes forcing myself. Nothing.  I was in pain.  So I tryed not to think about it took a asprin and went to bed.  I got up at 7am and I was in alot of pain.  Went in the bathroom and tryed stood there for 5 minutes got very little out maybe a couple of spoon fulls.  So at 9AM I went to the gym to work out. Trying to forget maybe it would help.  After my workout  I went and sat in the sauna well I was only in there for about 5 minutes and needed to go so I went to the bathroom Nothing.  I said to myself what the hell is wrong.  I have never had that happen  I was married for 22 years had a good sex life and after 15 minutes I was peeing.  I was kinda mad so I went in the shower and took a long one. Finely after 10 minutes of letting the hot water run over me I went alot and it felt great.  What I would like to know have any of you guys have this happen to you. The body is so stange and as you grow older things happen I guess.  Thank you all  Ken 

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ken I used to tell my wife the best part of sex was peeing afterwards.Joking of course. But  I peed like a teen ager. It only lasts for a short time but it s nice. Not sure why you are having trouble. I'm posting from my phone so I can't look through the forum too well. Weren't you having some trouble a few weeks or so agpo. Maybe it related to that.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.  It may have something to do with the prostatitis but it took me almost 24 hour to pee.  Doing ok now.  It just was different.  Never had that happen before.  How are you doing  Talk later  Ken  
  • Posted

Hi Ken, hot bath or shower tends to stimulate peeing. Maybe your semen dried up and clogged up your pipe. Just a guess. Hank
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Hank.  I just got a reply back from my doctor.  What he told me is that the pelvic muscles have to get back to normal after a orgasm and ejaculation.  Everything has to work together to do that.  If the orgasm is to intence it take longer for a older man.  All is back to the way it soppuse to be.  It's hell to get old.  Take care  Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken,

The prostate can sometimes get a little inflamed after orgasm, especially in us older folks and those with history of prostatitis. I'm sure that is all it is. 

Glad you finally were able to go the next morning after your gym workout, however such a prologned wait could put you in acute urinary retention in the future requiring catherization. Forgot, have you self cathed before? That might have been  solution before you went to bed. The other thing is that I have found physical activity tends to promote urination. So I'm guessing it was your gym workout that jump started your flow. In the future, you might try walking around or exercising a little before bed if it happens again.

Jim

• Posted

Thanks Jim.  Yes I think it had something to do with it.  Got a reply for my doctor and he told me something it takes a while for everthing to get back to normal after.  Somthing to do with all the pelvis muscles.  And age.  We told comeback to quick.  It was late and was not thinking I should have just took a hot bath maybe that would have help.  All is back to normal now.  It's just that had never happer to me before.  Thanks again  Ken

• Posted

Ken,

When was the last time you had your retention checked? A very full bladder can also cause what you describe, especially when combined with a temporarily inflamed prostate from let's say having an orgasm.

Jim

• Posted

Are you talking about the test that they put a cuff on the penis and then you have to pee.  If that is it I had that 2 years ago before they did the urolif.  I have to do it twice because I could not go the first time.  I have a problem that when I am told to go I can't.  I had the second one did a week later and I did not pee from 16 hours and I still had to forced myself when I did it.  Once I started it was fine.  I think my urologist told me I was emptying about 95%.  Ken

• Posted

I also have had what jimjames said - harder to go when bladder is full. Feels like the pressure from the fullness of the bladder is in itself placing pressure on the bladder neck. Hence my rule now - go as soon as you feel you need to. Not so easy when out of the home of course!
    • Posted

I usually go when I have to if possible. After what I read on here about bladder stretching and such, don't want any more problems. Lol

• Posted

Pepasan,

Either that, and/or the detrussor muscles have to work harder with a full bladder. Going as soon as you need to, is always a good idea, but sometimes the kidneys will unload quicker than your sensors pick up, especially if you're lying down or asleep. One quick fix that sometimes works is walking around for a few minutes and then try again. This has often worked for me. Another strategy is to change positions. My go-to position is standing over the toilet, but I've found the easiest position to urinate in is slightly reclined backward in a chair. I've been able to save more than one acute retention episode using this method. Of course a beaker is required here unless, of course you happen to have a reclining toilet seat smile

Jim

• Posted

Same thing with me. I've noticed waking to pee at night is the worst time. I usually wake to having to pee bad. Stream is real weak

• Posted

Walking has helped me a few times also. Now I've learned just taking a few deep relaxing breaths can do wonders also. I pee very good during the day. Night time has been better lately but for while it was a chore peeing when waking in the night

• Posted

Like yourself,  lately I've been doing pretty well day and night, with my first void around 5am. But when I did have problems, it also tends to be late afternoon or evening. Again, I think it's a full bladder and/or lack of actvity, both of which tend to happen at night, especially in cases of borderline or full blown nocturia, that many of us senior folks seem to get smile

Jim

• Posted

That is a funny test  The nurse hand me the cuff and tells you to wrap it around.  When you start to pee to blows up and stops you.  It took me 2 times.  And I did not have a problem with the cuff.  Not bragging  Have a good day  Ken
    • Posted

It a flow meter test.  You have to drink 4 to 8 bottles of water.  Then you go into the office and they put you in the room and hook you to a machine but the cuff on your penis and this will tell you how much you pee and what is left in the bladder.  Mine was good after the second one  I did 95%.  Have a good   Ken
    • Posted

I did flow test Tuesday but not like that. Just peed into a fake toilet. Camera measured flow and scale measured amount. While I did it a machine printed out a graph of how much, how fast etc.
    • Posted

Ken and Waff, It's a non-invasive way to test bladder pressure and therefore help diagnose bladder outlet obstrution and predict prostate reduction outcomes. It is sometimes used in place of more invasiv urodynamics. 

Jim

• Posted

Did you put a cuff on your penis.  I had to for this  Hope I don't hav to do that again  Ken

• Posted

I don't think you will hear much talk about the Bebe. I do have rather eclectic musical taste. I listen 80's/90's heavy metal mostly but love The Andrews Sisters and Bing Crosby. So any one wants to talk about Judas Priest or Iron Maiden concerts they went to back in the day let me know cheesygrin I'm sure back then I never thought about my prostate. 

• Posted

I think they should start teaching something in school.   I never new what a prostate was until I was 47.  I know a hell of alot now.  I grow up in Michigan  I lived about a mile from Motown.  Listen to alot of groups and Berry White   Now I love country..  My prents never talked about sex and what everthing was  I had to learn on my own.  I am so happy that we have these site that we can talk and get information from men that are going and need some Help.  God bless you all  Ken 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.