Information and help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm still unsure about having the op feel a bit off it today my clothes are tight and my belly blown up like I've got 3 spare tyres!I'm full of wind and uncomfortable has anyone had these symptoms and do they go after the op i just don't no what to do I'm desperate

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

How far post op?
    • Posted

Ah you still have yours! I had horrible bloating and swelling just 2 tires tho not 3 haha and the excessive wind was something that came and went for me prior to surgery. I was sick from it all until I had it removed and I'm 22 days post op now , the bloating can last for awhile after removal and the gas can as well. I'm just now getting to feel good and eating well again. Hang in there it'll get better but if you're really feeling bad call your GP or go see them for peace of mind if anything!

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Sorry to learn you're suffering with this!  Are you avoiding the op because you're worried about ending up worse off or are you concerned about the operation itself?

If your gallbladder is malfunctioning your symptoms won't improve either, I'm afraid. A diseased gallbladder stresses the other organs around it and can result in complications with them, such as pancreatitis.  

It's true that some people do have problems as a result of the surgery, but they can usually be dealt with! xx

• Posted

Hi it's the afterwards that's bothering me but today got a niggling ache in my bk I'm swollen and I'm crying today results with it it's now affecting my social life due to the bloating as i cant get my clothes to fit without been tight and uncomfortable arghhhh🤒

• Posted

I understand.  I think what I'm trying to say, not very well, is that at least after you have the surgery things have a chance, a chance, at getting better.  You might have to adjust a bit, that's true.  But right now, you face the prospect of being ill almost constantly.  xx

• Posted

Hi i no thanks it makes sense to have the op but i suppose it needs doing x
    • Posted

Well, when you're ready, you'll do it!  In the meantime, please let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Hi thanks i will appreciate your help and advice I'm really miserable today so don't think it be long before i see you again😔😔😷

• Posted

Hi sorry to be a pain still deciding what to do the last 2weeks I've noticed when i hoover or lift heavy it's started pulling and aching and when i go bed i can feel like i feel something grinding in the middle of my back and tummy is this normal I'm also getting tired headaches and very weepy and can't be bothered thanks

• Posted

You're not a bother.  I do think you need to pay attention to what your body is telling you--that something is wrong.  I'm concerned that a time will come when it becomes an emergency. xx

• Posted

Yes i think you're right it's not fun at the minute i keep thinking it's going to go away ha😅

• Posted

Please do make arrangements to go see a doctor.  It will make for a much better experience than arriving at a hospital by ambulance and having to have someone that you've only just met take out your gallbladder.. ((BIG HUG))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.