Information needed about an Ablationist

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've decided to get an Ablation and the best in Ireland seems to be Dr Szeplaki in Dublin.

I've been in touch with his office but can't get an answer as to whether he uses Imaging Equipment to map the whole heart and ablates all the involved nerves or just Ablates around the Pulmonary Vein without getting a referral and going for a Consultation - which would involve a lot of time, travel and expense.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had 2 ablations, both carried out at QE Birmingham.  Mine were based around the pulmenary vein.

My heart was very  unstabalized for months after both procedures, in fact much more after the second one. AF attacks really frequent (days apart) for best part of 4 months.  The heart is taking quite an attack having so many areas burned so not sure how I would feel if the procedure was as extensive as the alternative you talk about (all involved nerves).  I am glad to say I have now experienced 3 weeks clear of Af since my last Ablation in early November.  My heart however now has misbeats many times during the day. Hope whichever you have is successful!

• Posted

Thanks for replying, Shirley. Most ablations are PVI ablations. the kind you've  had. The problem here is that if other nerves as well as those around the Pulmonary Vein are involved in the misfiring then a PVI simply won't completely solve the problem.

• Posted

Understood

my point was the damage to the heart and how each person responds to the degree of burn.

the retry of going in and doing bits that had not scarred on several procedures would possibly be better for me rather than an intensive burn area in one procedure as my heart has not recovered well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.