Information on nerve injury

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm a 20 years old and last November after an acidosis I lost consciousness and stayed laying on my right side for too long which led to a very bad nerve injury on my right side. As of today, I can't feel my right leg down my knee and I am currently in a reeducation center. For my left leg, it's pretty much okay except for my ankle which is still very weak.

Whenever I ask doctors about my recovery I can never get an answer which isn't vague. I wanted to know if total recovery was possible or not? Will I be able to walk again or will I stay chair bound? Also, are there things that I can do to fix this?

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know much about your condition but research it. Don't accept failure. Just tell the dr. If you're not going to address my questions,that I demand to speak to someone who can. That's your rights.

Speaking of walking again.

I was supposed to be in a chair myself. Defied the odds. I fell basically 20'off a roof and landed on my head. I shattered my neck, broke my shoulder, arm and wrist. My neck is fused from C7-C3 with cages and plates. I worked hard and overcame it all. Neck hurts basically and thats it.

You just make them answer your questions and healing takes time.

• Posted

Wow that's so great!

How long did it take for you to recover?

• Posted

Recovery, still happening. Still, struggle here and there. But, it does get better. I don't take pain meds or use any other form of pain meds. I hurt but i just feel if i take them now then when next surgery comes up then there will be no relief. Plus i have 4 kids and my little girl just turned 3. So i don't want my kids to see my doped out.

Like i said don't accept failure. Chin up, and move forward. Make your dr. Give you your answers. If not you're entitled to your records and read them and research the important parts and then bring it up on your next visit. It will put your dr. On the spot and let them know you're active in your care and are familiar with your case and research others opinions. My dr.s are amazed that i know my whole case in and out and all treatment options available. You're the best option on getting yourself better or manageable. Youre dr.s are there to help, but you take control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.