Informed DWP of change in condition....what should I expect?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone got granted PIP in Aug 16 for 3 years....condition in health has forced me to inform the DWP that I’m in a much worse state than last year ....what happens next? 

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can ask for a change in circumstances but be warned you take the risk of losing it all. It might be worth keeping what you have and waiting for the review date to come around. 
    • Posted

I’ve already informed them since my award I’ve not got arthritis in my knees and in my shoulder and have it really bad in my neck spine and back and I’m having to leave my job after my sick pay ends in jan 18 even after they’ve reduced my hours and also they’ve created a sit down job for me ....I had a good assessor last time who was pretty fair so fingers crossed 🙈

• Posted

Good luck with this, i personally would have left well alone. What award do you have now? Reporting a change means you'll be sent another PIP2 form like you filled in before. You'll need to fill this in and send it off along with all the evidence to prove your condtion has got worse and that those descriptors apply to you. You'll most likely have to have another assessment and they'll look at your whole award again. You risk losing everything you already have. They could also increase it or it could stay the same.

Can i just ask if it's a diagnosis you've had and the symptoms have stayed the same? Or symptoms got worse?

• Posted

Hi Deborah, I'm tending to agree with those who feel its not always good to change your condition half way through your claim, it means your declaring that your condition has completely changed and that you have written and possibly digital proof that your condition has become at least 70% worse than it was August last year, I changed last year from low to high but had 3 consultants reports stating that my condition had deteriorated after a significant accident that left me wheelchair and crutch use only, I hope your paperwork stacks up and you have obviously not just the original paperwork to support your new claim.

• Posted

Hi Denise it’s my ability do do most things now....I was awarded standard for care and mobility  the symptoms have escalated I’m now on morphine liquid and tablets where I wasn’t before and I have scan reports that show new arthritis in my shoulder neck my back and spine also I have it in my knees now I suppose it’s fingers crossed now thank you for your advice xx
    • Posted

Hi no it’s all new paperwork I’ve paid for scan reports and have a list from GP listing my medications ....I already have it in my hips which need replacing also now my knees but I’m now struggling to use crutches because of my shoulder 🙈🙈 xx

• Posted

You didn't answer my questions. What award do you have now and is this just a new diagnosis but the condtions are the same?

• Posted

Hi Denise, she has stated what her award was, maybe you cross posted, it happens on here too often, hope your good
    • Posted

Hi Denise sorry I have standard care and mobility but I have 3 new diagnosis’s but it’s for the same thing x
    • Posted

Sorry i didn't see this, sometimes this forum acts strange and posts appear where they weren't there before.

I think you're very brave risking what you already have. You may have a fight on your hands for this. The amount of people that i've hard have rang DWP for a change of circunstances and have shot themselves in the foot. My condition had got worse half way through my first award, thought long and hard about reporting those changes. Did lots of research and decided to stick with what i had, which at the time was the same as you have now. No way would i risk losing everything i had. When the time came for my review, i had multiple Consultant reports, Occupational Therapist reports to add to what i'd already given them the first time around. After review my daily living stayed the same but got Enhanced mobility.

Do you use aids to help you at home? or maybe someone helps you instead of those aids? Scan reports alone may not be enough because lots of people have arthritis but it's how it affects you daily that's the most important.

I hope for you that reporting those changes doesn't come back to haunt you. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Deborah, actually medication has no effect on your claim whatever, I understand it doesn't matter what you have its how much help you need, I have a long list of proven medical conditions from upwards of 8 years a go and they include rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and prior to last year they had no bearing on my claim and I was only granted low rate.

My new claim was only partially attributed to my other conditions.

• Posted

This was what i was worried about for you. Reporting a change of circumstances for a NEW diagnosis is not the greatest thing to do, even more so when you have so much left on an award as you do.
    • Posted

My change of circumstances form arrived today ....40 pages long!!!....you literally have to apply all over again 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Posted

yes which was exactly what i told you. Expect another assessment also. I hope for you that you did the right thing. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Deborah

Just To wish you good luck. Hope things go in your favour.

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.