Informing Pharmacists about LS

Posted , 11 users are following.

It occurred to me that many women go to the chemist if they have The Itch believing it to be Thrush and wanting the antifungal solution. When I spoke to  a local pharmacist she had never heard of LS and was horrified when she understood how the misdiagnosis could lead to years of anatomical changes and distress before a proper diagnosis is made and the best treatment given 

In the UK we are advised to go to the chemist for "simple remedies" and not waste the time of the doctors in general practice unless it is a VERY serious condition, so it makes sense to me to inform the pharmacists to understand the condition

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Whenever there's an opportunity I 'educate'.  Like in the clinic where the nurses were going to teach me how to set a catheter.  It's very easy to do, they said.  I told them - not so easy.  Do you know what LS is?  Both nurse and student shook their heads.  Laying with bare bum on table, I prepared them.  At the time it was not at all possible to set a catheter. That far all was fused and it looked as if there never had been anything there ever, then just a small pinhole. The dilation procedure soon followed after that.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.