Infra red therapy

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi has anyone else tried this for fibromyalgia pain and is so does it work. I have been going to a chiropractitioner for several months now. He is not the clunk click type but one that does very gentle laying on of hands and my spinal stiffness has all but disappeared.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I saw a chiropractor he was the click and crack type, spent thousands and nothing, how did you find someone like yours? My pain is not getting better, I tried a middle eastern process, I think it originates from that end, to be fair I did get a couple of days relief, but the process is horrible and painful so don't think I can put myself through it. Have also had acupuncture again, this time paying rather than on the NHS, it was ok but doesn't provide longer pain relief. Running out of ideas.

• Posted

Hi you need to search for somatic respiratory integration to find a practitioner, he has done me a lot of good regarding stiffness but not the real fibromyalgia pain. It's no fun is it?

• Posted

Love to know where you go is it anywhere near Hemel Hempstead? As I go to one in st albans and he is clunk click type but it helps me get through the week not heard of infa red therapy for this though.

• Posted

Hi I live in Yorkshire, if you google somatic respiratory integration you should find someone. I couldn't understand how it could work initially but it has helped my stiffness so much.

• Posted

Hiya laurensgran..I have an inside Sauna that has infra red..it's an all electric sauna....it is awesome for Fibro pain, gets right inside your painful body...Its soo much cheaper in the end than going to a chiropractor..actually they recomend you get your own in the end..it..I would have an indoor spa too but I can't get in one..so I have a warm shower after, hope it helps, be blessed and have a lovely day laurensgran💐💐😘😘

• Posted

Thank you Christine, Someone did suggest getting a sauna but it would have to go in the garage and I don't fancy stripping off in there in the winter as cold is one of the things that brings on the pain.

• Posted

Funny, laurensgran, no I wouldn't like to do that in a cold garage in winter either,,brrr, especially where you live.  I get more issues in winter too, horrid time of the year for us Fibroites...fortunately we have 2 spare rooms, so mine is  inside and near to my wet room for a shower after, not a pretty site rushing there after a sauna,,lol.🙏 For you, be blessed and have a lovely day...💐😘

• Posted

I found a chiropractor that used the automatic table to manipulate my spine. He would lower and raise my legs and then also go side to side. It helped reduce the pain in my lower back and hips. He also did gentle manipulation for my neck, shoulders and upper back using a massage machine and electrodes. He would try to crack ans adjust after that but did not force it. Alternating sessions, I would get accupuncture there. Also at the same office they have a physical therapist who would number my back with biofreeze freeze and then do a massage at the end of each session. I was amazed that I could walk at the end of a few sessions. I had to really look around for a chiropractor that understood my pain and could help. Best part was he didn't try to break the bank. Though my insurance didn't cover the treatments they gave me an affordable price.

• Posted

I too tried acupuncture but it didn't do anything for me, in fact I have tried remedial massage and hydrotherapy as well, the latter just made me worse. I don't know how long to try the red light therapy for, will have to see.

• Posted

Haven't tried the red light therapy but I'm looking into it. Willing to try anything at this point

• Posted

I found a spa near me that offers red light therapy. Going to check it out. They offer salt rooms, saunas and hydro therapy. Any suggestions for how long I should sit in them or how often to go? They have memberships on special. Wondering if it might be worth it.
    • Posted

Hi, the bed I go on will only do 20 minutes. I started with ten. It is very pleasant, I pretend I am sunning myself in the Caribbean!
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm going to try it with the Himalayan salt. This winter has plagued me with chronic sinusitis infections. 2 birds with one stone.

Also going to try the float pod. They have 60 min in a pod with concentrated Epsom salts that leave you weightless. Supposed to work wonders for people with chronic pain conditions. I love an Epsom salt bath so this is just taking it to a whole new level.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.