Infusion?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, what form or suggestions for the best way to try iron infusions with the least side effects? 

Any help would be appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The iron injections I had changed my whole life in one month.  There were some side effects but everyone is different and they don’t last.  They are definitely worth it.  The injections take about an hour and I had 2 a week apart.  It’s different than a transfusion.  A transfusion takes about 6 hours.  My iron was so low (6) but the injections were enough
  • Posted

Hi Monkey, 

I had horrific side effects after my iron infusion. I had Ferrinject 2x vials over the space of several hours and within a week I ended up in hospital with severe diarrhoea, abdominal pain and vomiting. As a result of my experiences also ended up with gastritis and now trying to manage that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.