Infusion Treatment Appointment cancelled

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i just received a letter from Ninewells hosp Dundee where I live. They have cancelled my infusion Treatment Appointment which I getting for my crohn's flare up every 8 weeks. They have arranged my appointment same date at Perth Royal Infimary Hosp another town. Because of the cov-19 restrictions. I can't travel to another town due mental problems and I have ilestomy stoma. Have this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

my infusions stopped because I had 2 chest infections at once, If I was you I would speak too your consultant. they may be able too get you too a closer hospital but like you said. there are a lot of precautions an restrictions for your safety. so it maybe a problem as your mental health prevents longer distance travelling or however it may effect you. the closest hospital that's safe for you too use may be in Perth 😦 Speak too your own doctor as they know you and understand your health more than most doctors

• Posted

Hi Mike, The nurse at Perth Hospital spoke too my consultant at Ninewells Dundee and she phoned back yesterday and my dad explained too her why I couldn't attend Perth. I was too upsert too talk to her myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.