Ingrowing toenail

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had an ingrown toenail for the past month. it has swollen a bit, not a lot, so doc put me on antibiotics. theyre called flucloxacillin 500mg. ive taken them for 6 days now out of 7 and swelling has not gone but not gotten any bigger. I wont be able to see my doc until next tuesday so heres hoping it'll be ok up til then . im soaking it in warm water also. I can walk no problem. its not black. it looks normal aside from the swelling. any info most welcome..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Add salt to your water Tom, it helps if your toe is infected& hotter water might be more helpful, not too hot!

You can always ask the advice of a Pharmacist too.

Good luck

• Posted

Have you seen a podiatrist, I have found them much more knowledgable than doctors for ingrowing toenails.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.