Ingrown hair? Or something else? Pics included

Posted , 2 users are following.

last month after i shaved it looked like i shaved over a pimple or ingrown hair i didnt notice it was red then turned dark and went away well today i scratched my pubic hair because ita that time again to shave..hair bothers me and gets itchy i noticed i must have scratched it open on accident its in the same exact place can anyone tell me what it is? it started to scab over but i took a warm cloth and wiped it and now its just red could it be an infected hair? when i look at pictures online it looks to be ingrown hair and says not to shave or it can become infected what do i do? again same place an last time i shaved i didnt realize and opened it up from the razor so it mighr have been a small pimple i didnt know until i accidentially shaved over it and this time scratched it open by accident before noticing

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It just looks like pimple or some other benign condition. I'd watch it and see....Don't put any chemicals on it. Suggest olive oil or coconut oil. No chemical soap.

• Posted

i did try peroxide to clean it and put hydrocordizone on it now its scabed up and probably will be gone soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.