Ingrown hair/pimple on lower penis shaft

Posted , 3 users are following.

So noticed this pimple on my lower shaft yesterday. I woke up this morning and it's still there. My last sexual contact was oral and it was more than a month ago. It doesn't really match the pictures of genital herpes or anything else. To me it looks like an ingrown hair, it wouldn't surprise me as I have hair follicles on my shaft. I've found a couple of post of people with the same thing but there's no real answer provided and they've all said it as gone away on it's on.

Here are some pics. image

It looks kinda red because I took them after a hot shower, but it is and always as been the same color as my skin.

Any input would be appreciated 😃.

I do have an anti-biotic cream I will be applying to it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Anyone?

• Posted

As you say, it's likely to be a 'pimple' (aka folliculitis). Just apply some antiseptic cream and allow it to pop/settle on its own.

This is not an STD.

Adhari.

• Posted

looks like a normal pimple in my opinion! let it pop and drain on its own or you may risk scarring/reemergence (source: acne sufferer since puberty lol). they're more common on genitals than you might think, because the skin in that area gets pretty sweaty and is often rubbing against constricting clothing.

• Posted

keep me updated !!!

• Posted

It just popped on it's own after working out 😃 After looking some more on the internet I think it was caused by masturbation. All good now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.