Inguinal Hernia and left testicle pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

just wondering if someone can help me, as per the title I have an inguinal hernia, my left testicle also started to hurt, the Dr felt it and said it feels OK.

Could it be referred pain from the hernia? I don't have any expierence of referred pain but sometimes when I touch the left testicle or I brush it by accident it hurts, would referred pain mean that it wouldn't hurt? like it doesn't hurt when I'm washing it or anything else but I thought if it was referred pain I could touch the area and it wouldn't hurt maybe just confused.

the pain isn't constant it comes and goes and most of the time it's a dull ache but can be a sharp pain occasionally.

is this normal?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes i have the same. Had an ultrasound in July 21 which showed inguinal hernia. saw a surgeon a couple of weeks ago who said its not a hernia despite the U/S. So am just living with it and taking paracetamol when necessary. Apparently risk of incarceration or strangulation is 0.2-0.4% so very unlikely to happen.

• Posted

Hi WJC

Im in exactly the same boat as you.

I had two inguinal hernia repairs (using mesh) in 1996.

Testicular pain every day which started 2 years later!

My GP(s) didnt want to know and i was even told it was in my head!

Now, after years of fighting with them, and asking for 2nd opinions, i was told in Dec 22 that ill probably lose my left testicle!!!

Im so fed up with it all.

I really feel your pain, but your issue will 100% be linked to the hernia repair!

In order to prevent further problems, you really need to get them to listen (and act), which is easier said than done!

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck.

G

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.