Inguinal hernia pain years later. Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Male/ 55 - Had surgery for a double inguinal hernia 2 1/2 years ago - still having a difficult time with pain in the pelvis/groin and recently some leg numbness Have been to chiropractor, physical therapist, pain mgmt, urologist, etc Had a CT for an evaluation by a surgeon who specializes in mesh removal He told me that based on scan and exam, the surgery was done correctly and no need to remove mesh (although it was in his best interest to do so - so i trust he gave me good advice) Pain went away for a while but recently returned and got very bad following lifting a heavy item - feels the left side is burning at surgery site and the pain goes into the groinTaking elavil and hoping for some relief Anyone have a similar situation and find some good solutions? Thx for your help -

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to learn about your problems. I had a repair 8 months ago and still get pains regularly. Nothing like the pain I had for a year with the hernia thank goodness. I have a brisk 40 minute walk daily and that seems to ease my pain. It feels like a mesh problem which settles after a walk. Other than that I keep my diet bowel movement' friendly and try hard to believe the pain is nothing serious. Not sure if that helps you. I feel that unless it gets a whole lot worse, the surgeon isn't going to do anything or probably can do anything at present. I suspect many guys are in the same situation. Hope it improves for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.