Inguinal Hernia/Press enquiry.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. Apologies for invading the forum, but I'm a journalist for Saga Magazine. Every month, we have a health feature, covering some of the many subjects we get asked about by our readers - mainly over-50s.

The feature I'm working on at the moment is focussed on the Inguinal Hernia. I was wondering if there's anyone on the forum who's recently had their hernia operated on. We were hoping to find someone to interview for this feature... talking about how a hernia can affect everyday life and what it actually is. But also examing the treatments that are available, how successful they are and how much of a difference the operation can make.

A friend of mine went in for his op recenty and, after he came out, said he felt like Superman! Unfortunately, he wasn't in the 50-plus age range that applies to our health features.

If there is anyone (50-plus) on the forum who fancies talking to us and telling their story, please get in touch. The idea is that we can offer help, advice and comfort to people who read the feature... people who are going through the hassles and hoop-la's that often comes with this injury.

Many thanks for your time and, again, apologies for my interruption.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danny72702,

I have had 2 unsuccessful operations, the first was bilateral laparoscopic, both sides failed, I went back in a year ago and the right side repaired again and then I would go in next year 2018 and get the left side repaired again, but the right side has failed again, so I need a repair done to the both sides again, I am a bit hesitant to get this done as it keeps failing and the scar tissue can become a bit of an issue. I look forward to reading your article but I would not like to participate, but good luck in finding someone.

• Posted

Gordon. Thanks for replying. Sounds like you've had a hell of time! All the best for next year. Do let me know how it goes.

Danny

• Posted

Hi Dann

I had my hernia done 3 weeks ago…had 2 done previously so loads of gruesome experiences….lol…I would be more than willing to be interviewed for Saga magazine which I have featured in some years ago..….Im 64 by the way...

• Posted

Dave. Thanks for coming back to me. I'll just check that your previous appearance doesn't rule you out and come back to you ASAP.

Cheers - Danny

• Posted

Hi Danny

Must be about 5 or 6 years ago…They did a feature on folk with 2 jobs….I was a decorator and A professional juggler…..The juggling was the cause of one of the hernias so would tie up nicely..just let me know…..

Cheers for now

Dave

• Posted

Juggling and decorating... not two words you often see in the same sentence!

Cheers!!

PS - where are you based Dave? Just roughly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.