Inguinal hernia surgery Tuesday. nervous !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had robotic surgery in January that did not work. young surgeon, couldnt access hernia that is incarcerated four hours wasted time

tuesday i am scheduled for open repair at columbia in nyc really concerned as

everyone talks about level of pain being significant what am i in for? its got to be better then having my intestinens n my testicles but i am 50 out of shape and scared

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I had an open repair a number of years ago (my hernia was not incarcerated though). The surgery itself was not difficult or long, and I was awake and talking with the surgeon (this may vary depending on your and the surgeon's preference). My wife picked me up and took me home the same day. As I recall, I spent the first 2 or 3 days lying on my bed with an ice pack on the incision off and on for pain, and taking Tylenol. It wasn't too bad, but I was weak and light-headed the first day or two. After that, I gradually got back to my normal activities but couldn't do anything strenuous for about 6-8 weeks. No working out, yoga, bike riding, yoga, running, lifting weights more than a few pounds, etc. After that, everything returned pretty much to normal, and I have not had any more problems.

• Posted

surgery went well pain moderate BUT MY Testicles are gigantic with liquid and its hard and firm , painful and uncomfortable looks like a balloon about to pop .

PLease has anyone experienced this and does anything help

• Posted

Interested to know how your testicles are doing now? I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and they are still very swollen, about the same as you have described.

• Posted

interested in knowing how it has turned out for you, the cord of my right testicle feels like it has a golf ball in it for 4 weeks now, base of my penis hurt a lot too, made the mistake of jerking off in week 3 and now all the veins feel swollen, cant find anyone with this issue and need to see my surgeon again soon

• Posted

almost all gone much better still very minor liquid left it takes time and oatience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.