initial symptom

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi just wondered what everyones first symptom was, mine was lower abdominal cramps, went to the gp who thought it might be ibs went back 2wks later as it kept comming and going stools were getting softer, seen a student gp so i asked for some blood tests due to my age 57, went back today for the results and the c125 test was as my gp put it slightly raised! he checked my tummy which was fine then asked me to go back in two wks for repeat bloods he is also reffering me for a ultrasound, this obviously freaked me out and i do suffer from anxiety, cant stop thinking that he played it down due to my anxiety! i also done stool tests which i took in today he said he wasnt concerned about these anyone else have something similiar ? any help would be appretiated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine was looking pregnant whilst dieting! The being told by the doctor that I looked 5/6 months pregnant. Im 26 and have a ovarian cyst 9x21x23 this scan as taken 3 weeks ago, and feels like it has grown!
  • Posted

My first symptoms were bad lower left side pain followed by bleeding in the middle of my cycle. Then a few weeks later I started bleeding and it didn't stop for three weeks. I had an ultrasound and they found 5cm cysts on each side, with inflammation in the left. I think the left one ruptured. It seems there are so many symptoms and everyone is different! Try not to worry and don't keep googling aso you'll freak yourself out more..

I have anxiety too so I know how you feel. It's very tough.

My ca125 blood test came back high so I thought OC.. but it was just inflammation. So that's not a good indication either. Let us know how things go!

• Posted

thankyou both for your replies very much appretiated
  • Posted

I had lower back pain, bloating, pain when sitting or standing in my pelvis. I took the c125 mine was normal. Had surgery to remove my tubes ovaries and a 7 cm cyst in August. Hope this helps, try not to worry
  • Posted

thankyou will try finding it hard at the moment though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.