injection in joint.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Telephone call from Rheumatology department, Sulfasalazine is going to be upped to 3 gramms a day also appointment for injection in problematic finger knuckle joint, could anyone tell about joint injection and if it works?.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Martin,

I've had a few injections, the last one was in the base of the thumb. Unfortunately that did not work and they are now going to do one under Xray so that they can be sure it goes in the right place.  The ones in my shoulders worked pretty well, but my hip didn't I'm afraid.  

We are all different and hopefully yours will be fine and help with the pain. 

• Posted

I had one in rotator cuff and in herniated disk. Worked wonderfully. Cortisone, not sure what they're injecting you with.

Both were done by different rthopedic surgeon's within a week of each other.

No anaesthetic and virtually no pain. I quit breathing on the table after second injection. Not to scare you but they gave the injection to close together time wise. ER was a .25 blocks away. They rushed me to ER and put me on oxygen. No problems just a scary situation.

Always communicate with your doctors.

They say the shots last 6 months. Mine lasted over a year.

Good luck! I would definitely do it again.

• Posted

Hi Sukes, It's just in my finger knuckle joint they said, thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

I've had great success with finger injections. I've had results that last for years. Result for me has been almost immediate. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.