Injection induced menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey ladies, im 20 years old and have been put into menopause due to a condition i have called adenomyois (when the lining of your uterus melts into the muscle wall)  and a septum of the womb. the menopause is to shut down my system so the condition does not spread and hopefully save the chance to have a little gift one day in the future. 

I am on kliovance hrt. and im finding myself all over the place. i am constantly crying, or hating myself, or being sick. i can never win. i have had my 3rd injection last week and each injection just seems to get harder and harder. 

i am currently studing my alevels and i am doing 2 years of work for 2 alevels in 9 months and i cant sleep at night due to sweating, being uncomfortable, bad dreams or crying.

I am hoping that someone out there can give me some advise before i loose my mind sad

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Oh my gosh my lovely!! So sorry to hear about all this, my heart goes out to you. I don't know what advice I can give, only that you are not alone & I'm sure it will all get better, just takes time for your body to adjust! I will be praying for you <3>
    • Posted

Thank you it's means a lot. It's just real hard. And my boyfriend like everyone else my age is having fun and in stuck in a bed room crying 98% of the time sad
  • Posted

Hi dear lovely hope you are okay.  I take a vitamin called B75 Complex which has really calmed my system down.  They say it's great for PMS too.  It helps with these moods at this time.  That's all I take and Caltrate with vitamin D in it in the evening for my bone health cause I am at that age of 48.  xxoo
    • Posted

Would that help with me feeling down ? I gotta give that a go. Thank you xxx
  • Posted

Sweetheart - You will be drawn into the enormous 'bosom' of the ladies of this forum!  Welcome kid, but feel terrible that you're having to seek out help with the ol' sweaties!!lol

I've never known anyone as young as you have to experience what us 50+ girls are going through, so forgive me for not giving you too much info/advice, especially as I'm not actually using HRT - at the moment.

Having said that, I'm going to just welcome you, tell you you've arrived at the right place, and are in good hands,and pass you over to some wonderfully informed women who have a fantastic wealth of knowledge about this cr*ppy time.  I see they're already replying to you:  I knew they'd come to you aid x

I'm sure with your particular situation you'll be supervised by your GP/Gynae(??), so I hope that you're being given good advice about things that might help you get through the worse of this. 

Until then kid, maybe have a good read about Perimenopause (yeah, I know, its something most of us only really heard of after having put up with many of the symptoms for yonks!) and don't feel afraid to go bother your GP with all your queries/questions:  you deserve all the support with this as you can get!

With regards your A Level coursework: Lay off the Red Bull, easy on the caffeine, eat well and try to get enough sleep:  and that's just me with my 'Mum' Hat oncheesygrin!!

Sx

• Posted

I've been on to the Dr from gyne, he wants to change my hrt to patches which are stronger so that might help with me feeling down all the time.

Night sweats are so annoying lol I'm not a fan of red bull and boost thank god :D thank you I know I'm not alone on this :D xxxx

• Posted

so sorry to hear from one so young.  you are not alone you can come and talk to all of us at anytime on here anytime you want so you are not alone.   I am not on hrt myself but doing what most of the women on here are doing lots of vitamins trying to eat healthy.  My symptoms were all new to me couple months ago but seem to be settling and im sleeping a lot better taking b6 b12 milk thistle cod liver oil and omega fish oil.  For the anxiety I downloaded relaxation techniques and i used them quite a lot and they seemed to help.  Hope this is of some help to you.xxx
    • Posted

I wa brought into hospital over Halloween due to panic attacks before this was all talked about so ive sorta been able to deal with that side unlucky. I'm just hoping that this is worth it u till the surgery to find out if I can have a baby cus I might be limited to time and it's a hard decision as 20 when I haven't started my career or my boyfriend hasn't started his. I just hope it's for the better x
    • Posted

So sorry to hear you have to go through all this at such a young age sad I am 41 and going through Peri for a few years and I feel thats way to young too...- I have recently (4 weeks ago) started low dose HRT and after struggeling through also given in to Antidepressants (good 6 weeks now on them) and I have to say since about 2 weeks I feel a lot more like me again! I was really fighting to not go onto anything but the anxiety, panic attacks and eventually depression just gotten worst and worst and I was really not able to function properly anymore. So maybe you need stronger HRT, I even read that with younger people the contraception pill does a very good job being used as HRT. It is about 5x as strong as conventional HRT and since you only 20 that might be something too? For the low feeling if it gets really bad, AD's might help you too, I know there's a stigma attached but I for myself can say with the ones I'm on now I don't feel zombiefied nor anything else but certainly lifted and more or less worry/ anxiety free now. VItamin B12 and B6 helps too and fish oil in higher dose is good for moods also, I take them besides the HRT and AD's. xox
    • Posted

I can't use contraception pills due to the adenomyois cus it can make it spread sad what's Ad? Yea a few ladies have said about fish oils I am going to give them a go an see if they help. It mean a lot yous all helpin me thank you xoxo
  • Posted

bless you .   im sure the doctors wouldnt put you through all of this if they didnt think it was going to be worth it for you xxx
  • Posted

Hi Shannon 

I'm sorry to hear you are going through all this in your 20s that is young. Just keep a smile on your face things will get better it will it takes time 

Big hugs to you

• Posted

O you poor little thing....all the ladies here posting will be SO sorry to hear this, bad enough to be dealing with it at the " normal" age...but you so young.

Now as a successful user of HRT, and I guess they had  no choice but to give it to you with what you have suffered..?..sometimes you have to try more than one type to be ok...? .I suggest you keep a diary of symptoms and feelings..but I would go

straight away to your doctor and discuss it all now, you may not be getting enough from the medication you're taking....don't take no for an answer, ask for a referral if necessary and above all....take care of you..good food, rest, and just do what your body dictates...

good luck honey, xx

• Posted

Dear Shannon, I am soooo very sorry to hear you have to deal with all that in such a young age is really not fair sad  There are some ladies here in their early thirties but most, I think, are around 50, give or take.

I got you can not go on HRT, anyway, as your doctors are trying to put your hormones down, is it?  So you are obliged to follow the natural route.  This said, take a look in our postings.  Just to give you a fast, but not complete, tour on it, the ones that decided, for good or bad, go natural, take vitamins: Calcium and D for bones, B6 and B12 for emotional shifts, Magnesium, for sleep, aches and even hot flashes; Omega 3 for heart and eyes support, joints.  We got to the notion that eating well is most important, so pay attention on that - avoid carbs, sugars, fats and heavy dinking - some wine is allowed (yeyyyyy!!!) Well, besides that, someone always find an herb, tea or root that works for them (ginger, rye, maca, sweet potato, etc). But once this is the "natural way", do not expect magic - sad  Just remember, peri menopause or menopause, is a phase - it will end, as bad as it may be at the moment - we believe!!!  Some have had rough time, I hope you have it easy.

Big hugs

• Posted

Im 18 and have just been started on menopause.. im scared sad i have polysystic ovarys and multiple cysts that keep bursting and coming back and bursting again, its horrendous pain. The doctors are going to be stopping my ovarys from working with some injections and putting me into induced menopause to see if it will stop the cysts or even just my pain because its agonizing i can barely do anything anymore ive had this since i was 12, multiple operations, if it doesnt work then the alternative i really dont want to think about right now what they said. Praying this will give them some indication or just a little bit of help for me. sad i know how your feeling i hope they can help you somehow xx
    • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time with your Ovaries and at such a young age 18. I understand how upsetting this is to you. Please hang in there. I know its rough right now for you but pray to God he can help you cope with this. You are not a lone just visit this forum a talk to us and get some councelling to help you with any kind of depression and anxieties you have. 

Big hugs and kisses from me and here since you are unhappy I will give you a smile to help you outlol

Just hang in there kiddo best wishes and please keep me informed with what goes on. You have my prayers 

• Posted

Thankyou so much. Means alot to actually hear someone talk to me about it because my family just pretend that nothings happening i think they are just ignoring it to hope that it goes away when we have been told it never will. Ive always wanted children and to talk about having my ovary removed and only having 40% chance with the other one im just devistated, worried its going to push my partner away i know we've been together for 3 years and hes been through it all with me but i think all the docs appointments, operations are just a burden nowsad xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.