Injections

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can someone tell me how often you can get injections in your ear?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ok....

My neurotologist will give steroid injections no more frequently than every 3 months.  I've read on this forum that some folks get a series of weekly injections of 3 or 4.  I suppose the best thing for you to do is confer with your neurotologist to see what they recommend.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi dbmarie3,

I started with dexamethasone injections every 4 weeks for a few visits, then I got them every 6 weeks, every 8 weeks, then in  10 weeks, and then in 12 weeks.  The longest I've lasted is 6 months, but that was too long to wait.  I've decided to go back to every 12 weeks...That keeps everything well under control:  No vertigo, and my tinnitus and hearing are acceptable.  But for me, it was the cumulative effect of working up to the 3 months, that was the key in not only getting rid of the vertigo, but actually reducing deafening tinnitus and improving my horrible hearing.  

I hope that makes helps!

Take good care,

Jacqueline

• Posted

Yes thank you. Its been 4 weeks since injection I have had no vertigo attacks since but a couple of days ago started to feel off balance again. I go to doctor friday hoping I can get another injection. With the betahistine and injections I'm hoping it gets better. I'm trying everything I dont want surgery.

• Posted

Congratulations on getting relief from the vertigo!  I don’t see why your doctor should refuse to give you another injection.  Steroid injections are not typically a “ one shot deal”. The objective is a gradual reduction in frequency and intensity of your symptoms.

I wish you all,the best!!!

J-

• Posted

Hi JMJ

Does this injections resolve dizziness and balance issues.

I have Tinnitus + balancing issue during walking. Suffering for one year now.

• Posted

Hi chandra71,

Yes, I found relief from the dizziness and loss of balance, too.  I didn't even realize it until those symptoms returned after I'd gone without an injection for nearly 4 months.

Wishing you all the best!

J-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.