Injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi iv just been offed injections in both hips for a condition were theses sacks of fluid that become inflamed as anyone had this problem and is it painful to be injected in that area i also have fusing in the bottom of my spine

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian 1956,

I think it is called bursitis. I have this. I use some valtoren pain gel and sometimes I use 5% lidoderm patch pieces. It just helps to moderate the pain.

I would like to know if anyone else has had injections and for how long it worked.

I also have a lower spine fusion.

• Posted

My partner had fluid build up in both knees. Our GP was useless and said it wasnt worth referring him for a hospital appointment as it was at least six months away anyhow. He paid to see a private consultant who recommended steroid injections. We said that previous injections had not worked and he was of the opinion that they have to be done very precisely to be of benefit and maybe the previous ones (done by the GP by the way) had not been in quite the right place. He was excellent and it was worth every penny. He gave an injection in each knee and within a week the inflammation had reduced considerably and my partner has been almost pain free for about 10 months so far. One knee has only just started to hurt a little in the last week or so - for one injection to last 10 months has been wonderful, otherwise he wouldnt be able to work and would not have been paid - so the cost of the consultant was tiny compared to the lost wages if he hadnt had it done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.