Injections for low energy levels

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

For several years now I have faced a daily battle to maintain reasonable energy levels and have become aware of an injection available to Crohns sufferers - does anyone know what this is and how do other sufferers manage their energy levels?

Kind regards,

David

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get a B12 injection every 3 months. It really lifts my energy levels for 2 - 3 weeks but after that I'm exhausted all of the time. If there was another injection available to help with this I would love to hear about it.
    • Posted

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Is this a vitamin replacement injection?
    • Posted

Yes, I had most of my intestines removed 2 years ago and since then I could sleep on a washing line. I'm permanently tired and find it hard to concentrate at times but when I have the B12 injection it gets me going for a few weeks, I wish the effects were longer lasting.
    • Posted

Ok great - thanks for the info Chris. Will let you know how I get on. Kind regards, David
    • Posted

My B12 levels were v low and I had to have a series of injections. They started out a couple of times a week, then weekly then monthly up to every 3 months. They really helped initially then after about 9wks I would b dead ony feet begging for another! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.