Injections in knees

Posted , 9 users are following.

HELP !! My poor Hubby might have to see the Rheumatology team soon with a view to having injections in his knees, as he has suffered years & years of pain hes got no cartiallge behind the knee caps/ Has anyone out there had injections before? We would like to know views on this please . Hes also got back problems with Osteo-arthritis. Hes dreading the whole thing. Regards Amanda

0 likes, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I haven't had it yet but I'm waiting to get MRI and then I'm having it I hope if they think it will help, my friend had it done a couple of times to get him past 60 while waiting for knee replacement, he had it done this year at 67 so it must have worked.

I'm told it doesn't hurt if thats what he is scared of but let me know

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My husband gas had them several times, it's over in minutes, and it's no where near as bad as people think.

you can feel pain free within 2 days, and they some times the injections last fir at least a year.

some doctors are able to do it, our can not, so he refers us to a doctor couple of mikes away who is authorised to do them.

dont worry, just look forward to him getting rid of the pain.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Amanda,

If he's having steroid injections,they can work and help for months, and they can keep repeating them.

They aren't all that bad, it's a really thin needle, and don't hurt really.

It's fear of the unknown.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Go see a good ortho for SynVisc injections (set of three...days 1, 8 and 15).  They can last up to a year.  SynVisc One (single shot) lasts up to six months.  Worked great for me for many, many years.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Been getting synvisc injections for 11 years. Every 6 months I get the 3 injection series. Works great for me.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up